FRIDAY/SATURDAY
I hope everyone had a nice & relaxing Summer like I did, but that would be another story for another day. We are now back again for another season & my adventure stories. This season there will be 22 shows but only 21 adventure stories because we are going to miss the November 22 show. We will be in Walt Disney World, but don't worry, I will still have an episode review.
During the week we talked about doing standby & how long it's been since we have done it. The weather forecast kept saying it will be nice. Thursday comes around & the forecast decided to change for the worst. Mother Nature decided for rain like she loves doing every Friday night during standby. I wish she would stop doing that because I love doing standby. As you may have guessed by now, we didn't do standby.
My friend, Christopher did standby & he had his laptop with him. He IMed me at some point during the night. He got to the line at 5:15 p.m. He didn't know what number he was but the line was pretty long. He said he would watch the line for us. I didn't get much information since he didn't know himself. He did tell me he was getting an air ticket. After talking to him, we watched Hurricane Ike on KHOU News in Houston & then we went to bed.
On the way to Olive Garden, Louis talked to Arlene. She got to the line at 6:45 p.m. She was at least the 80th person in line but got #36 for dress. She said the pages giving out the tickets were very rude & slow. They didn't start handing out the tickets until 7:20 a.m.
SATURDAY NIGHT
We went to Olive Garden in Times Square for their all you can eat pasta bowl. After eating we walked to Rock Center in the humidity. 6th Avenue had a street fair going on & the food vendors smelled horrible. We went to Ben & Jerry's & then to the concourse to sit for awhile & check our email.
Arrival time to NBC for the September 13, 2008 show with host Michael Phelps & MG Lil Wayne was at 5:30 p.m. I had spotted Joey Kola, a comedian, so Louis went over to talk to him. After talking to him, I texted with my best friend Wendi for awhile. We also chatted with Arlene & a few standbys.
Louis & I went up for dress. 53 standbys got into dress. After dress, we went down to the lobby & chatted with Arlene. We got a really nice surprise visit from Kieran & Kev. We finally got to meet Kev's girlfriend, Bliss. There were two others with them but didn't know who they were.
Louis & I went up for the LIVE show. I spotted Bob Costas, Tim Russert's son, Luke, Brian Williams & Bruce Springsteen with his wife in the audience. Bruce walked right past us too. You would think he would go in the Green Room. Chevy Chase was also at the show. I was told Armani was there but I don't know what he looks like. 30 standbys got into the air show. After the show we waited in the lobby for awhile.
Saw everyone except for Darrell Hammond. Chatted with Kenan Thompson, Seth Meyers, Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, Will Forte & we introduced ourselves to Bobby Moynihan. He had heard about Louis. He is a really nice guy. Looks a little bit like John Belushi & Artie Lang. Jared Fogel came down surrounded by a group of his people. I wanted a picture with him but couldn't get to him. Chevy Chase came down with a few women but of course he was being an ass like usual. I said Hello to him twice but he ignored me twice. Blake Lively & one of the guys from Gossip Girl stood in the lobby for awhile. I didn't bother them.
WHAT GOT CUT
LOVEMATCHCONNECT.COM- Will Forte, Amy Poehler, Kenan Thompson, Kristen Wiig & Casey Wilson. Will is a spokesperson that is talking about a website where it connects you to people you are matched with.
JUSTICE LEAGUE- Bill Hader, Amy Poehler, Andy Samberg, Kenan Thompson & Michael Phelps. Superman holds a meeting to discuss who should be let go because they aren't used enough. They chose Aquaman.
LARRY KING-BOB WOODWARD- Fred Armisen & Darrell Hammond. Larry King tries to interview Bob Woodward but he's not successful.
BUDGET BRIDAL GOWNS- Kenan Thompson, Michael Phelps, Casey Wilson, Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis & Andy Samberg. Kenan owns a store with Bridal Gowns with stains on them for people on a budget.
KATY PERRY- Casey Wilson. This was about singer Katy Perry & she sings songs about what she did besides I Kissed A Girl.
EPISODE REVIEW
PRE-SHOW THOUGHTS- The show is back earlier than usual to make up for lost time. Cast will be exhausted by the time May comes around. I like Michael Phelps & I watched him off & on. I didn't know Lil Wayne that well until I saw him on the MTV awards. I didn't care for him on there. Should be an OK show.
PALIN/CLINTON COLD OPEN- I had a feeling Tina Fey would make a cameo. I thought this was a hilarious sketch. I wonder if Tina will be Palin more often. A+
PHELPS & MOM MONOLOGUE- Michael's Mom is adorable. I think she should have done the whole thing instead of Amy. I didn't see a need for William Shatner to be there. C
QUIZ BOWL- This sort of reminded me of the Battle Of The Jay Walk All Stars where everyone should have known the answers. Loved how one team was home schooled & the other team wasn't. C
THERE'S GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY- Commercial. I thought this was funny at first & then it dragged on way too long. D
SWIM MEET DANCE- The last time this was done was when Peyton Manning hosted. It was better then. This time, Michael Phelps didn't do much dancing. I was hoping to see the guys in a Speedo including Will. C
CRAIG & STACIA- I see this come back again but this time with her cousin. It wasn't as funny as before. Loved the mention of EPCOT. C
LIL WAYNE "GOT MONEY"- This was a nice song. Nice beat. B
WU WITH POEHLER/MEYERS- Will Forte was funny as Palin's neighbor. I wish Fred's character would disappear. I loved Andy's Cathy character because that is one of my favorite comic strips. Amy looked cute sitting in her seat. C
CHARLES BARKLEY SHOW- I was hoping this was one of the cut ones. I don't think Kenan does a very good Charles Barkley. F
T-MOBILE FAVE 5- This was an OK sketch but you kind of knew where they were going with this & how it was going to end. C
SNL DIGITAL SHORT- SPACE OLYMPICS- I thought this was a really good music video. I know where it was filmed too. A
PEPPER- This is the sketch where the new guy, Bobby Moynihan is supposed to shine & he did. I thought this was a good sketch for him to get his start in. If he keeps it up he will become recurring quickly. A+
LIL WAYNE "LOLLIPOP"- I have heard this song before but I don't know where. It's an OK song. C
MICHAEL PHELPS DIET- I loved Michael Phelps diet. The food on Will's table looked good. It was funny how they included Jared Fogel, the Subway sandwich spokesman into the sketch. B
AFTER SHOW THOUGHTS- Lots of cameos for a Premiere show. It was nice seeing Tina Fey again. Loved the new guy, Bobby Moynihan. I can see he has the potential. Michael Phelps looked relaxed & Lil Wayne wasn't bad for a rapper. I've heard worse. I give this show a B-
SNL UPDATES
Sept. 20: James Franco/ Kings Of Leon [LIVE]
Sept. 27: TBA/ Duffy
Oct. 04: TBA/ Coldplay
I have the SNL dates for 2008. If you would like the dates please let me know.
Amy Poehler is due to give birth in 6 weeks.
There will be three Thursday night Lives in October. It will only be WU segments.
I'm on Live Journal and My Space. Please add me to yourfriends list. On Live Journal my User ID isfortesfalconpal & on My Space my ID is snljamie0518.Click on the links to add me.www.livejournal.com/user/fortesfalconpalwww.myspace.com/snljamie0518I also have a community on LJ. Go towww.livejournal.com/communities/snltime I also have a new community at LJ called snlarchives.It has all of my SNL stories since the year 2000. Itsnot all done yet but there are some that you can read.Check it out.If you have any questions about going to SNL and/ormeeting the cast members please email Louis atsnllouis@aol.com [who has been going to the show since1975 and has seen 500 shows and counting] or me atsnljamie0518@aol.comIf you would like to be put on the mailing list for mySNL adventure stories and Newsletters please email meat snljamie0518@aol.com.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment